Tuesday, August 17, 2010

New Life Journey - Days 1...and 2

For the last couple of years, my life has been a whirlwind...better put...chaos! However, my life has begun a chapter, and with that new chapter, I have decided to take the initiative to make some other changes in my life...some changes that are way overdue!

First, I AM GOING TO LOSE WEIGHT! I have been saying this is going to happen for way too long, but now it's really going to happen...I'm counting on everyone around me to hold me accountable too! I started working on this about a month ago. I started out strong, but as it got closer to school starting, I've reverted again. I know it's the stress, but I'm going to stop making excuses for why I can't and just do!

Second, but I think most importantly, I am going to spend each day reading the Bible. I found a reading plan on my phone, and over the last couple of days, I've read each night before bed. I figure, I'll read, blog, pray and sleep. What better way to end the day than with Scripture and prayer?! My plan takes me through the Bible in 1 year. Confession time...I've never read the Bible from cover to cover. I've studied different sections of the Bible but never the entire book. I know it's sad to admit, but that's about to change as well.

Third, I am going to keep a record of each day...the struggles, the aha moments, the questions I have. This blog is more for me than anyone else I think. I'm hoping by keeping this active, it'll keep me active in my other two ventures.

Even in the chaos of my life, I WILL make God my priority knowing he has a plan for all of us...including me. I will change my life and my body and make it His temple and keep it as a sacrifice to Him. I see at light at the end of this dark tunnel I've been in, and I know He's the only one who can guide me through the darkness.

Dear God: Thank you for this wonderful day, even as hot as it is outside, and for allowing me to be a part of it. Please guide me through this incredible journey I am about to live. Please take care of my family, and help me teach my girls what it's like to be a true Christian woman who loves the Lord with all her heart. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment