Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Genesis 22 - 26...Days 7-9

A very tiring beginning to a new year...I have read but not written since Saturday.  Hopefully I'll be able to settle my brain and get back into the word more deeply and write about what my brain is thinking as I read.

Wow...Abraham is so loyal to God when God told him to sacrifice Isaac, he was going to do it!  I know we should always trust in God, but to sacrifice my own child...I'm not sure I would do it.  I know God was only testing him and wouldn't actually make him go through with it, but I don't know that I'd even take it as far as Abraham did. 

Isaac and Rebekah...I know it says by the end of verse 24 that they had a great love, but it still blows me away how women were treated as property...and still are in some places in the world.  The servant came and said I want her for Isaac, and they gave her to him.  I know he was able to convince them he was sent by God, but it's not always like that.  Regardless of a person's gender, he/she should have the right to decide who they marry.

Why is it that so many of the women of the Bible have difficulty having children.  Sarah and Rebekah both...now on the bright side, they both prayed and received; however, unlike Sarah, Rebekah waited for God's time table.  Based on the math, it sounds like it was 20 years before her prayer was answered...again, not what I would call immediate in terms of our fast-paced society. 

Lots to think about...

Father:  Please help me to shut my brain down so I can get some sleep.  It's an exhausting week already without the added stress of no sleep.  Praises that Mr. Drama's new job is going to well, but I pray he can feel less stress as he adjusts to a new schedule and lifestyle.  I pray that the big girls continue to have good days at school.  I pray that the baby continues to grow healthy and maintain that HAPPY personality of hers.  In your Son's name.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment