Thursday, August 19, 2010

Genesis 12-15 - Day 4

As I picked up my phone to read tonight, I realized the plan I had selected was one in chronological order based on the history of the events.  While that's not necessarily bad, I really wanted to read the Bible from beginning to end.  I ended up changing my reading plan to the canonical version...the only one which takes you from start to finish.  I didn't realize there were so many different plans.

So...Genesis. 

I don't know if there was so much today that was profound; however, I was really impresses with Abram's loyalty to the Lord.  Every new place he traveled, he built an alter to worship God.  I try to make sure the things I do always glorfiy God...I know I don't always do, but Abram's loyalty and the glory he displayed toward God is most definitely present and impressive. 

Allusion...Abram meets with and is helped by Melchizedek.  In one of the books I teach, Melchizedek is a main character...a character who guides one of the other characters to do what he needs to do...just like he did for Abram.  Really neat to see how much authors include biblical ideas into their books...even if everyone doesn't catch the allusions, at least some will, and that makes all the difference!

Dear God:  Thank you for the little rain we received today...any small amount helps.  Please help me be strong as another one of my girls begins kindergarten.  Please help her be strong as she goes to school for the first time.  Please help one of my girls as she tries to live without medication.  Thank you for allowing me to live in this temporary body with temporary stuff while I await the day I will be taken to heaven.  In Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment