Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Day 3 - Genesis 8 - 11

I'll get to the reading in a moment, but first I just need to say WOW!  In the midst of the chaos of inservice week, my principal spoke from his heart and was amazing!  It is an incredible feeling to know your principal is on the same page as you in more than one aspect...Praise the Lord!

A verse I was reminded of today..."What good is it, dear brothers and sisters, if you say you have faith but don't show it by your actions?" - James 2:14  So many times these last couple of years I've said I have faith in God, but in what I have done, it has not been evident.  I am such a huge worrier, and it multiplied during this time in my life.  I've been working really hard to let God worry for me...not always an easy task!

Ok...the reading.  A couple of things I noticed tonight...

In all the stories I've ever been told or read about Noah and the flood, I've only ever remembered a dove being sent out; however, as I read tonight, a raven popped into the picture...the only raven I know about is Edgar Allan Poe's, and I'm thinking not exactly the same thing.  But, a raven is such a different bird from the dove...black and white...don't know if it means anything, or maybe I'm just looking too deep.

Also, I know the story of the Tower of Babel, but I've never put two and two together about the title of the city...DUH!  What I don't get is why God did what He did...is it because of the things they were doing were for themselves and not to glorify God? 

I guess we never know why things happen the way they do...I don't know if we are really supposed to either.

Dear Lord:  Give me the strength to begin a new day tomorrow and make a difference in someone else's life.  Please help put my mind at ease so I can sleep well tonight...it makes for difficult days when no sleep happens.  Please help me to be an example to my girls...I don't think I did a god job of that this evening, and I pray tomorrow will be better.  Thank you for allowing me to be a part of this day.  In Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment