Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Genesis 32-42...Days 11-14

Boy...it's definitely been a long week in the house o'estrogen!  Sick children, tired Drama parents, new addition to the already busy schedule...soccer season has begun!

I just read and reviewed what I'd already read so I could remember what I hadn't written about in almost a week! 

I think I posted this last time, but I cannot believe how, for lack of a better word, EVIL these people seem to be.  Killing each other when they don't get their way, selling their siblings into slavery, posing as prostitutes to get what they want, and the list goes on and on.  It's so hard to believe how the world was "back in the day."  I may be naive, but I don't think the world is anywhere near that bad today.  Again, maybe I live in Drama reality, but I would like to believe things have changed. 

Specfically, I want to comment on Joseph.  God gives him the gift of dreams and his brothers try to get rid of him because they don't like his dreams portraying them as "servants" to him.  When he's sold into slavery, he becomes Potiphar's personal attendant, but because his Potiphar's wife can get him to sleep with her, she accuses him of rape (BTW, I remember this was the topic of a sermon series a few months ago at my church...I can't for the life of me rememeber what it led to though).  So many women are raped each day, and someone falsely accuses someone of it?!  Again, the EVIL of people during this time is awful!

Dear God:  As we add to the already busy schedule in the Drama household, I pray that you keep me focused on what's really important.  Keep my focus on You and my relationships with my family. Help me to remember to think before I speak because as the stress of the outside world piles up on my plate, sometimes I have a tendency to take it out on those closest to me.  In Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment